CVOEO's Coordinated Statewide Housing Services, programs working for fair affordable, accessible, safe, and secure housing for all Vermonters.
Coordinated Statewide Housing Services
The Coordinated Statewide Housing Services (CSHS) division of CVOEO is made up of three programs:
Fair Housing Project (FHP): Advocacy/Public Advocacy, referrals, education and outreach, enforcement, and information regarding Housing Discrimination issues.
Mobile Home Program (MHP): Advocacy/Public Advocacy, tenant organizing, referrals, counseling, and information for Manufactured Home Owners who are renting lots - especially those in Mobile Home Parks.
Vermont Tenants (VTI): Advocacy/Public Advocacy, organizing, advice, tenant counseling, training, and information regarding Residential Tenancy.
Together these three programs serve tenants, mobile home residents, prospective home buyers and the interests of all people who believe in adequate safe, fair and affordable housing in Vermont.
The mission of the coordinated efforts of our three statewide housing services programs includes working to:
- Provide direct advice, information, and referral services and housing counseling to tenants and mobile home owners and park residents
- Organize and empower tenants and mobile home park residents
- Provide broad public policy advocacy as well as advocacy for groups of residents and individual households
- Participate in development of public policy that promotes creation and maintenance of safe, affordable, decent, inclusive, accessible housing and mobile home parks
- Provide public outreach and training to tenants, manufactured housing owners and residents, people in protected categories under fair housing law, social service providers, housing managers, government officials and agencies, law enforcement officers and others
- Produce and distribute educational materials regarding tenant and mobile home park resident rights and fair housing laws
255 South Champlain Street, Suite # 9,
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Fax Line: (802) 651-4179
Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity